1. Make sweetened condensed milk substitute.
2. Combine 3 eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, & spices in a bowl.
3. Add pumpkin mixture to milk mixture, 1 large spoonful at a time; whisking between each spoonful.
4. Return saucepan to medium heat, stirring constantly until custard becomes 160 degrees & bubbly.
5. Remove from heat & place in ice bath to cool quickly.
6. Portion into dishes & top with your favorite toppings - crushed gingersnaps, dried cranberries, pecans, chocolate chips, etc.
*Sweetened Condensed Milk Substitute -
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 T cornstarch
2 1/4 cups 1% milk